Three killed, four injured in clash in UP
Bulandshahr: At least three persons were on Tuesday killed and four others injured when a clash broke out between two groups over an eve-teasing incident in Khurja Dehat area of the district.
According to Superintendent of Police (Dehat) Vijay Gautam, the clash started when a 16-year-old girl was allegedly eve-teased by a youth belonging to upper caste.
An altercation followed and the girl`s uncle Inderpal Jatav was shot dead in Fareedpur village, police said.
Later, in retaliation, some people attacked houses of people belonging to the upper caste, in which two persons-- Balbir Singh and Om Prakash -- were killed.
Stones were also pelted on police team as it reached the crime spot.
Four seriously injured persons were rushed to a government hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption