Three killed, four injured in clash in UP
Bulandshahr: At least three persons were on Tuesday killed and four others injured when a clash broke out between two groups over an eve-teasing incident in Khurja Dehat area of the district.
According to Superintendent of Police (Dehat) Vijay Gautam, the clash started when a 16-year-old girl was allegedly eve-teased by a youth belonging to upper caste.
An altercation followed and the girl`s uncle Inderpal Jatav was shot dead in Fareedpur village, police said.
Later, in retaliation, some people attacked houses of people belonging to the upper caste, in which two persons-- Balbir Singh and Om Prakash -- were killed.
Stones were also pelted on police team as it reached the crime spot.
Four seriously injured persons were rushed to a government hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- India needs to tread the innovation path to progress
- Janmashtami 2016: Send these devotional TEXT MESSAGES to your loved ones right away!
- Soon, you may use Wi-Fi on Indian flights
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test 'greatest success'
- Myanmar weighs damage after earthquake rattles Bagan pagodas