Three killed in car-truck collision in Varansi
Varanasi: Three persons, including a PWD engineer, were killed when their car collided with a truck here on Sunday when they were returning from a marriage function.
27-year-old Umesh, a junior engineer with Public Works Department, and two others -- Pratap (55) and Munir (59) -- were killed in the road accident in the wee hours today, a police official said.
The condition of car`s driver, Santosh, is serious and has been admitted to a local hospital, he added
On reaching the spot, some of the victim`s belongings, including mobiles and laptops, were found to be missing.
However, a bag containing over Rs one lakh was found from the accident spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire