Three killed in lightning in UP
Lucknow: Three persons, including two children, were killed after being hit by lightning as rains lashed few places in the state in the last 24 hours.
Two children were killed when lightning struck them in Meetapur village in Chopan area of Sonbhadra district yesterday, police said here.
In Farukkhabad, a man died after a lightning hit him at Sikandarpur village in Shamshabad area, they said.
According to Met office, monsoon has been normal over western UP.
Rain and thundershowers occurred at a few places over the region and at isolated places over eastern parts of the state.
Chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms was- Bijnore 6, Saharanpur and Mahrauni 5 each, Atrauli, Hasanpur, Meerut, Kasganj, Jalesar, Garotha and Powayan 3 each.
The Met office has forecast that rain and thundershowers would occur at many places over western UP and at few places over eastern region in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP