Three killed in lightning in UP
Lucknow: Three persons, including two children, were killed after being hit by lightning as rains lashed few places in the state in the last 24 hours.
Two children were killed when lightning struck them in Meetapur village in Chopan area of Sonbhadra district yesterday, police said here.
In Farukkhabad, a man died after a lightning hit him at Sikandarpur village in Shamshabad area, they said.
According to Met office, monsoon has been normal over western UP.
Rain and thundershowers occurred at a few places over the region and at isolated places over eastern parts of the state.
Chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms was- Bijnore 6, Saharanpur and Mahrauni 5 each, Atrauli, Hasanpur, Meerut, Kasganj, Jalesar, Garotha and Powayan 3 each.
The Met office has forecast that rain and thundershowers would occur at many places over western UP and at few places over eastern region in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured