Three killed in road mishap in Sitapur
Sitapur: Three persons were killed in a collision between two trucks near Government Inter College Neri under Maholi police station area.
The mishap occurred last evening when a mini truck, which was trying to overtake a roadways bus collided head on with another truck coming from the opposite direction, police said.
The collision was so powerful that both the vehicles got entangled and could be separated only with the help of a crane, police said.
All the three passengers in the mini truck died on the spot, police said.
Though one of the deceased has been identified as Neetesh Yadav (24) of Kheeri district efforts were on to identify the other two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly