Three labourers killed in building collapse
Lakhimpur: Three labourers were killed and six others injured when a building collapsed in Kheri town area here, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred in Amritapur village late last night when the building collapsed while the labourers were working there, burying them under the debris, said Kheri police station incharge Manoj Kumar Singh.
Soon after the incident, police and civil authorities rushed to the spot and cranes were pressed into service to rescue the injured from the debris, he said.
Singh said that three persons were killed in the incident and six others injured, who have been rushed to Lucknow.
Most of the injured and dead are not from the same village and their identity is being established, he said. Police said that one Dwarka Jaiswal had planned to lift the foundation of his building with hydraulic jacks and given a contract for the same.
A case in this connection will be lodged against the contractor, who attempted to lift a building through unscientific means which resulted in human casualties, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre