Three labourers killed in building collapse
Lakhimpur: Three labourers were killed and six others injured when a building collapsed in Kheri town area here, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred in Amritapur village late last night when the building collapsed while the labourers were working there, burying them under the debris, said Kheri police station incharge Manoj Kumar Singh.
Soon after the incident, police and civil authorities rushed to the spot and cranes were pressed into service to rescue the injured from the debris, he said.
Singh said that three persons were killed in the incident and six others injured, who have been rushed to Lucknow.
Most of the injured and dead are not from the same village and their identity is being established, he said. Police said that one Dwarka Jaiswal had planned to lift the foundation of his building with hydraulic jacks and given a contract for the same.
A case in this connection will be lodged against the contractor, who attempted to lift a building through unscientific means which resulted in human casualties, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees