Three labourers killed in building collapse
Lakhimpur: Three labourers were killed and six others injured when a building collapsed in Kheri town area here, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred in Amritapur village late last night when the building collapsed while the labourers were working there, burying them under the debris, said Kheri police station incharge Manoj Kumar Singh.
Soon after the incident, police and civil authorities rushed to the spot and cranes were pressed into service to rescue the injured from the debris, he said.
Singh said that three persons were killed in the incident and six others injured, who have been rushed to Lucknow.
Most of the injured and dead are not from the same village and their identity is being established, he said. Police said that one Dwarka Jaiswal had planned to lift the foundation of his building with hydraulic jacks and given a contract for the same.
A case in this connection will be lodged against the contractor, who attempted to lift a building through unscientific means which resulted in human casualties, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir