Three lynched for shooting village head`s husband
Ghazipur: Three persons were Thursday lynched by villagers after they shot and critically injured the husband of a village head here, police said.
The incident took place this morning when Munna (23), Akhilesh (22) and Sanjay Yadav (25) shot Ramjeet Bind, husband of the village head of Fateullahapur-Rajadi in his village injuring him seriously, they said.
The trio fell down after their bike lost control and were surrounded by villagers who beat them with sticks, they said.
The three were rushed to the hospital, where Munna and Akhilesh were declared brought dead while Yadav died during treatment, police said.
The condition of 40-year-old Bind was stated to be critical, police said, adding that the motive for the attack on him has not been ascertained yet.
An investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II