Three MBBS students attempt suicide
Kanpur: Three medical students attempted suicide by consuming poison after they failed in their Biochemistry exam, police said on Saturday.
Second year MBBS students of Ganesh Shankar Medical College in the city consumed poison yesterday in a hostel room after being upset over failing in their first year Biochemistry paper, they said.
The condition of Shobhit, Sanjeev Kumar and Vivek was stated to be serious in Hallet hospital where they were admitted after being found unconscious in the room by other students.
Police said a suicide note was found in their possession in which they blamed a college lecturer for deliberately failing them in the subject and making casteist remarks against them.
The college principal, however, denied knowledge of any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- 2016 US Open: Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams named top seeds for season's final Grand Slam
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria