Three MBBS students attempt suicide
Kanpur: Three medical students attempted suicide by consuming poison after they failed in their Biochemistry exam, police said on Saturday.
Second year MBBS students of Ganesh Shankar Medical College in the city consumed poison yesterday in a hostel room after being upset over failing in their first year Biochemistry paper, they said.
The condition of Shobhit, Sanjeev Kumar and Vivek was stated to be serious in Hallet hospital where they were admitted after being found unconscious in the room by other students.
Police said a suicide note was found in their possession in which they blamed a college lecturer for deliberately failing them in the subject and making casteist remarks against them.
The college principal, however, denied knowledge of any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas