Three MBBS students attempt suicide
Kanpur: Three medical students attempted suicide by consuming poison after they failed in their Biochemistry exam, police said on Saturday.
Second year MBBS students of Ganesh Shankar Medical College in the city consumed poison yesterday in a hostel room after being upset over failing in their first year Biochemistry paper, they said.
The condition of Shobhit, Sanjeev Kumar and Vivek was stated to be serious in Hallet hospital where they were admitted after being found unconscious in the room by other students.
Police said a suicide note was found in their possession in which they blamed a college lecturer for deliberately failing them in the subject and making casteist remarks against them.
The college principal, however, denied knowledge of any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi