Three MBBS students attempt suicide
Kanpur: Three medical students attempted suicide by consuming poison after they failed in their Biochemistry exam, police said on Saturday.
Second year MBBS students of Ganesh Shankar Medical College in the city consumed poison yesterday in a hostel room after being upset over failing in their first year Biochemistry paper, they said.
The condition of Shobhit, Sanjeev Kumar and Vivek was stated to be serious in Hallet hospital where they were admitted after being found unconscious in the room by other students.
Police said a suicide note was found in their possession in which they blamed a college lecturer for deliberately failing them in the subject and making casteist remarks against them.
The college principal, however, denied knowledge of any such incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!