Three more persons arrested in group clash case
Muzaffarnagar: Three more persons were arrested and a case was registered against 33 others in connection with a group clash in which 16 people were injured near Eidgah at Basi village in the district, police said on Monday.
Three more persons have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the clash, they said.
While, the case has been registered against 33 people under relevant sections of IPC, they added.
Policemen and PAC have been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident, they said.
Sixteen people were injured on September 11 in an alleged cross-fire between two groups which clashed over a land dispute soon after offering prayers at an Idgah in Basi
One person, involved in the clash, was arrested the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months