Three more persons arrested in group clash case
Muzaffarnagar: Three more persons were arrested and a case was registered against 33 others in connection with a group clash in which 16 people were injured near Eidgah at Basi village in the district, police said on Monday.
Three more persons have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the clash, they said.
While, the case has been registered against 33 people under relevant sections of IPC, they added.
Policemen and PAC have been deployed in the area to prevent any untoward incident, they said.
Sixteen people were injured on September 11 in an alleged cross-fire between two groups which clashed over a land dispute soon after offering prayers at an Idgah in Basi
One person, involved in the clash, was arrested the same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS