Three more succumb to encephalitis, toll reaches 481
Gorakhpur: With three more children
hailing from Kushinagar succumbing to encephalitis here today,
the toll due to the deadly brain fever has reached 481 since
January this year in eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh.
Additional Director Health L P Rawat here said that 14
fresh patients suffering from the fever were admitted to
various hospitals in the region.
He said that a total of 2,787 patients suffering from
Japanese Encephalitis and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES)
were admitted this year to BRD Medical College and other
hospitals of the region. Out of which 481 died.
The additional director, health said that 174 patients
suffering from encephalitis are undergoing treatment at BRD
MCH, while nine patients are admitted in government hospitals
of adjoining districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America