Three more succumb to encephalitis, toll reaches 481
Gorakhpur: With three more children
hailing from Kushinagar succumbing to encephalitis here today,
the toll due to the deadly brain fever has reached 481 since
January this year in eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh.
Additional Director Health L P Rawat here said that 14
fresh patients suffering from the fever were admitted to
various hospitals in the region.
He said that a total of 2,787 patients suffering from
Japanese Encephalitis and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES)
were admitted this year to BRD Medical College and other
hospitals of the region. Out of which 481 died.
The additional director, health said that 174 patients
suffering from encephalitis are undergoing treatment at BRD
MCH, while nine patients are admitted in government hospitals
of adjoining districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Shocking! Indian surgeons remove 40 knives from cop's stomach (Watch)
- India in talks with Singapore to amend DTAA provisions: CBDT
- NSG chief reveals IED was found in DRDO Bhawan
- Volvo Auto India hires Nalin Jain as CFO
- Pakistan booked Baloch nationalists as it failed to buy them, says defence expert