Three Nepali women held with cannabis
Lucknow: Three Nepali women were arrested in Uttar Pradesh for carrying cannabis worth around Rs 20 lakh, police said on Tuesday.
The women -- in their mid-40s -- were nabbed late Monday in Maharajganj district following a joint operation by Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) troopers and police along the Indo-Nepal border in Sunauli town.
"Initial investigations indicate the women have been involved in smuggling illegal drugs for the last 10 years," police inspector Mahesh Ram Gautam told reporters in Maharajganj, some 300 km from here.
The three women were to supply the consignment to their clients in Himachal Pradesh, he added.
The women are from Rukum district of Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble