Three Nepali women held with cannabis
Lucknow: Three Nepali women were arrested in Uttar Pradesh for carrying cannabis worth around Rs 20 lakh, police said on Tuesday.
The women -- in their mid-40s -- were nabbed late Monday in Maharajganj district following a joint operation by Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) troopers and police along the Indo-Nepal border in Sunauli town.
"Initial investigations indicate the women have been involved in smuggling illegal drugs for the last 10 years," police inspector Mahesh Ram Gautam told reporters in Maharajganj, some 300 km from here.
The three women were to supply the consignment to their clients in Himachal Pradesh, he added.
The women are from Rukum district of Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured