Three Nepali women held with cannabis
Lucknow: Three Nepali women were arrested in Uttar Pradesh for carrying cannabis worth around Rs 20 lakh, police said on Tuesday.
The women -- in their mid-40s -- were nabbed late Monday in Maharajganj district following a joint operation by Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) troopers and police along the Indo-Nepal border in Sunauli town.
"Initial investigations indicate the women have been involved in smuggling illegal drugs for the last 10 years," police inspector Mahesh Ram Gautam told reporters in Maharajganj, some 300 km from here.
The three women were to supply the consignment to their clients in Himachal Pradesh, he added.
The women are from Rukum district of Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam