Three of a family electrocuted in UP
Gonda (UP): Three members of a family were killed after they came in contact with a high tension wire in Pandari Kripal village here Saturday morning.
Buddhu Soni (40), Savitri Devi (35) and Suraj (9) were going on a bicycle when they came in contact with a live wire hanging near a canal, District Magistrate Roshan Jacob said.
The three were killed on the spot.
The bodies have been sent for post mortem, the DM said adding the power department will give a compensation of Rs. one lakh each to the next of the kin of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt