Three of a family electrocuted in UP
Gonda (UP): Three members of a family were killed after they came in contact with a high tension wire in Pandari Kripal village here Saturday morning.
Buddhu Soni (40), Savitri Devi (35) and Suraj (9) were going on a bicycle when they came in contact with a live wire hanging near a canal, District Magistrate Roshan Jacob said.
The three were killed on the spot.
The bodies have been sent for post mortem, the DM said adding the power department will give a compensation of Rs. one lakh each to the next of the kin of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron