Three of a family electrocuted in UP
Gonda (UP): Three members of a family were killed after they came in contact with a high tension wire in Pandari Kripal village here Saturday morning.
Buddhu Soni (40), Savitri Devi (35) and Suraj (9) were going on a bicycle when they came in contact with a live wire hanging near a canal, District Magistrate Roshan Jacob said.
The three were killed on the spot.
The bodies have been sent for post mortem, the DM said adding the power department will give a compensation of Rs. one lakh each to the next of the kin of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections