Three of a family electrocuted in UP
Gonda (UP): Three members of a family were killed after they came in contact with a high tension wire in Pandari Kripal village here Saturday morning.
Buddhu Soni (40), Savitri Devi (35) and Suraj (9) were going on a bicycle when they came in contact with a live wire hanging near a canal, District Magistrate Roshan Jacob said.
The three were killed on the spot.
The bodies have been sent for post mortem, the DM said adding the power department will give a compensation of Rs. one lakh each to the next of the kin of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi