Three of a family electrocuted in UP
Gonda (UP): Three members of a family were killed after they came in contact with a high tension wire in Pandari Kripal village here Saturday morning.
Buddhu Soni (40), Savitri Devi (35) and Suraj (9) were going on a bicycle when they came in contact with a live wire hanging near a canal, District Magistrate Roshan Jacob said.
The three were killed on the spot.
The bodies have been sent for post mortem, the DM said adding the power department will give a compensation of Rs. one lakh each to the next of the kin of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption