Three of human trafficking gang held, captives rescued
Shrawasti (UP): Three members of a human
trafficking gang were arrested on Tuesday and a woman and her
daughter were freed from their clutches, police said here.
"The gang involving a woman and her son used to bring
girls from Bihar and West Bengal and sell them to the locals
here," SP Subhash Chandra Dubey said adding a woman from Bihar
and her one-year-old daughter were rescued.
Acting on the FIR filed by rescued woman`s mother
Sakina Khatoon of Khagaria district in Bihar, which said three
persons including a woman of Muravanpurva village under
Mallipur police station area here, 350 kms from Lucknow, had
brought her widow daughter for arranging her wedding but sold
her to one Channilal.
The SP has also rewarded the police team exposing the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption