Three of human trafficking gang held, captives rescued
Shrawasti (UP): Three members of a human
trafficking gang were arrested on Tuesday and a woman and her
daughter were freed from their clutches, police said here.
"The gang involving a woman and her son used to bring
girls from Bihar and West Bengal and sell them to the locals
here," SP Subhash Chandra Dubey said adding a woman from Bihar
and her one-year-old daughter were rescued.
Acting on the FIR filed by rescued woman`s mother
Sakina Khatoon of Khagaria district in Bihar, which said three
persons including a woman of Muravanpurva village under
Mallipur police station area here, 350 kms from Lucknow, had
brought her widow daughter for arranging her wedding but sold
her to one Channilal.
The SP has also rewarded the police team exposing the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'