Three policemen booked for murder in fake encounter case
Ghaziabad: Three policemen including a
sub-inspector have been booked on murder charges for killing
two persons from Haryana in an alleged fake encounter six
Police had claimed that the victims, Soran of village
Tigao in Faridabad district and Vijay of Rohtak, were shot
dead in an encounter by the three policemen in Babaugarh here
on April 29, 2004 as they suspected them to be criminals.
However, a CB-CID inquiry conducted on the direction
of the National Human Rights Commission has found that the duo
was killed in a fake encounter, Superintendent of Police,
Rural, M M Beg, said.
A murder case was registered in Babugarh police
station yesterday against the three police men including sub
inspector Shri Ram and they will be arrested soon, he said.
Soran`s wife Vimlesh had filed a complaint with NHRC
which asked up the Uttar Pradesh Government to order an
inquiry into the episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy