Three policemen booked for murder in fake encounter case
Ghaziabad: Three policemen including a
sub-inspector have been booked on murder charges for killing
two persons from Haryana in an alleged fake encounter six
Police had claimed that the victims, Soran of village
Tigao in Faridabad district and Vijay of Rohtak, were shot
dead in an encounter by the three policemen in Babaugarh here
on April 29, 2004 as they suspected them to be criminals.
However, a CB-CID inquiry conducted on the direction
of the National Human Rights Commission has found that the duo
was killed in a fake encounter, Superintendent of Police,
Rural, M M Beg, said.
A murder case was registered in Babugarh police
station yesterday against the three police men including sub
inspector Shri Ram and they will be arrested soon, he said.
Soran`s wife Vimlesh had filed a complaint with NHRC
which asked up the Uttar Pradesh Government to order an
inquiry into the episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez