Three policemen booked for murder in fake encounter case
Ghaziabad: Three policemen including a
sub-inspector have been booked on murder charges for killing
two persons from Haryana in an alleged fake encounter six
Police had claimed that the victims, Soran of village
Tigao in Faridabad district and Vijay of Rohtak, were shot
dead in an encounter by the three policemen in Babaugarh here
on April 29, 2004 as they suspected them to be criminals.
However, a CB-CID inquiry conducted on the direction
of the National Human Rights Commission has found that the duo
was killed in a fake encounter, Superintendent of Police,
Rural, M M Beg, said.
A murder case was registered in Babugarh police
station yesterday against the three police men including sub
inspector Shri Ram and they will be arrested soon, he said.
Soran`s wife Vimlesh had filed a complaint with NHRC
which asked up the Uttar Pradesh Government to order an
inquiry into the episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal