Three policemen suspended following killing of former MLA
Lucknow: Three policemen, including a sub-inspector, have been suspended on charges of laxity in duty after a former Samajwadi Party MLA and his driver were shot dead in Mau district, officials said here on Monday.
In-charge of Majhwara police outpost in Ghosi area Kamlakar Pandey and two personnel have been placed under suspension by Superintendent of Police, they said.
Former SP MLA Kapildev Yadav was shot dead near Majhwaran in Ghosi area of Mau district yesterday while he was on his way to attend a private function.
His driver Devnath Yadav succumbed to his injuries at the hospital, police said.
The three policemen have been charged with laxity in duty, the officials said.
Expressing grief over death of Kapildev Yadav, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has demanded immediate arrest of the assailants.
He said that Kapildev was a dedicated activist who worked hard to strengthen the party`s base among farmers and backwards.
"The law and order situation in the state has reached a point where lives of even public representatives are not safe," Yadav alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting
- Alan Pulido: Mexican footballer kidnapping sets off massive manhunt
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies at 92
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?