Three policemen suspended following killing of former MLA
Lucknow: Three policemen, including a sub-inspector, have been suspended on charges of laxity in duty after a former Samajwadi Party MLA and his driver were shot dead in Mau district, officials said here on Monday.
In-charge of Majhwara police outpost in Ghosi area Kamlakar Pandey and two personnel have been placed under suspension by Superintendent of Police, they said.
Former SP MLA Kapildev Yadav was shot dead near Majhwaran in Ghosi area of Mau district yesterday while he was on his way to attend a private function.
His driver Devnath Yadav succumbed to his injuries at the hospital, police said.
The three policemen have been charged with laxity in duty, the officials said.
Expressing grief over death of Kapildev Yadav, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has demanded immediate arrest of the assailants.
He said that Kapildev was a dedicated activist who worked hard to strengthen the party`s base among farmers and backwards.
"The law and order situation in the state has reached a point where lives of even public representatives are not safe," Yadav alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes