Three policemen suspended following killing of former MLA
Lucknow: Three policemen, including a sub-inspector, have been suspended on charges of laxity in duty after a former Samajwadi Party MLA and his driver were shot dead in Mau district, officials said here on Monday.
In-charge of Majhwara police outpost in Ghosi area Kamlakar Pandey and two personnel have been placed under suspension by Superintendent of Police, they said.
Former SP MLA Kapildev Yadav was shot dead near Majhwaran in Ghosi area of Mau district yesterday while he was on his way to attend a private function.
His driver Devnath Yadav succumbed to his injuries at the hospital, police said.
The three policemen have been charged with laxity in duty, the officials said.
Expressing grief over death of Kapildev Yadav, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has demanded immediate arrest of the assailants.
He said that Kapildev was a dedicated activist who worked hard to strengthen the party`s base among farmers and backwards.
"The law and order situation in the state has reached a point where lives of even public representatives are not safe," Yadav alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief