Three policemen suspended following killing of former MLA
Lucknow: Three policemen, including a sub-inspector, have been suspended on charges of laxity in duty after a former Samajwadi Party MLA and his driver were shot dead in Mau district, officials said here on Monday.
In-charge of Majhwara police outpost in Ghosi area Kamlakar Pandey and two personnel have been placed under suspension by Superintendent of Police, they said.
Former SP MLA Kapildev Yadav was shot dead near Majhwaran in Ghosi area of Mau district yesterday while he was on his way to attend a private function.
His driver Devnath Yadav succumbed to his injuries at the hospital, police said.
The three policemen have been charged with laxity in duty, the officials said.
Expressing grief over death of Kapildev Yadav, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav has demanded immediate arrest of the assailants.
He said that Kapildev was a dedicated activist who worked hard to strengthen the party`s base among farmers and backwards.
"The law and order situation in the state has reached a point where lives of even public representatives are not safe," Yadav alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi