Three precious Ashtdhatu idols recovered
Faizabad (UP): Faizabad Police on Monday claimed to have recovered three precious and ancient idols, which were stolen from Devkaali temple on September 21, after the arrest of four persons in this connection.
The Ashtdhatu idols of Mahakaali, Mahalaxmi and Mahasaraswati were allegedly taken by the four, part of an international gang of idol smugglers, Faizabad District Magistrate Deepak Agrawal and Senior Superintendent of Police Ramit Sharma said.
"After hard work of one month finally we got solid information on Monday morning that idols of Devkaali temple are being transported from Kanpur to Gorakhpur, from where the idols will be smuggled to international market through Nepal. Our team nabbed the gang on Faizabad-Gorakhpur highway," Sharma said.
Karamjeet Maurya, Vijay Narain Pandey, Subhash Kumar Yadav and Jai Pujan Sharma were held, however, three other alleged gang members managed to escape, he said.
The recovered idols have been verified by the chief priest Girija Prasad Pathak of the temple, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy