Three sent to 10 years of RI for making adulterated ghee
Bijnor: Three persons have been sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for manufacturing spurious and adulterated ghee.
A joint team of Chandpur police and food department raided a house in Katarmal locality in August 2009 and arrested Sunil Kumar along with two others Dilshad Ahmad and Vishal when they were preparing desi ghee with the help of chemicals and refined oil, prosecution sources said.
Police seized the equipment, material and 500 empty cans and labels of several branded ghee companies from the spot.
On the basis of the evidences, District and Sessions Judge Dinesh Chandra held the trio guilty yesterday.
The judge also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him