Three sent to 10 years of RI for making adulterated ghee
Bijnor: Three persons have been sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for manufacturing spurious and adulterated ghee.
A joint team of Chandpur police and food department raided a house in Katarmal locality in August 2009 and arrested Sunil Kumar along with two others Dilshad Ahmad and Vishal when they were preparing desi ghee with the help of chemicals and refined oil, prosecution sources said.
Police seized the equipment, material and 500 empty cans and labels of several branded ghee companies from the spot.
On the basis of the evidences, District and Sessions Judge Dinesh Chandra held the trio guilty yesterday.
The judge also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez