Three sent to 10 years of RI for making adulterated ghee
Bijnor: Three persons have been sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for manufacturing spurious and adulterated ghee.
A joint team of Chandpur police and food department raided a house in Katarmal locality in August 2009 and arrested Sunil Kumar along with two others Dilshad Ahmad and Vishal when they were preparing desi ghee with the help of chemicals and refined oil, prosecution sources said.
Police seized the equipment, material and 500 empty cans and labels of several branded ghee companies from the spot.
On the basis of the evidences, District and Sessions Judge Dinesh Chandra held the trio guilty yesterday.
The judge also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days