Three sent to 10 years of RI for making adulterated ghee
Bijnor: Three persons have been sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for manufacturing spurious and adulterated ghee.
A joint team of Chandpur police and food department raided a house in Katarmal locality in August 2009 and arrested Sunil Kumar along with two others Dilshad Ahmad and Vishal when they were preparing desi ghee with the help of chemicals and refined oil, prosecution sources said.
Police seized the equipment, material and 500 empty cans and labels of several branded ghee companies from the spot.
On the basis of the evidences, District and Sessions Judge Dinesh Chandra held the trio guilty yesterday.
The judge also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!