Three sent to 10 years of RI for making adulterated ghee
Bijnor: Three persons have been sentenced to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment by a local court for manufacturing spurious and adulterated ghee.
A joint team of Chandpur police and food department raided a house in Katarmal locality in August 2009 and arrested Sunil Kumar along with two others Dilshad Ahmad and Vishal when they were preparing desi ghee with the help of chemicals and refined oil, prosecution sources said.
Police seized the equipment, material and 500 empty cans and labels of several branded ghee companies from the spot.
On the basis of the evidences, District and Sessions Judge Dinesh Chandra held the trio guilty yesterday.
The judge also imposed a penalty of Rs 10,000 on each of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border