Three sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment
Mainpuri: A local court here has sentenced three persons to undergo rigorous life imprisonment in a 12-year-old case of kidnapping and murder in Chandrapur village under Kurra police station.
According to prosecution sources, Ankur (15) was abducted and murdered on November 14 ,2000 and his body was later recovered in a bag from a river flowing at some distance from the village.
Vinod Kumar, father of the deceased, had later lodged an FIR in this connection.
Special Judge (SC/ST) Act, Ramesh Chandra Gupt after considering evidence on record and hearing prosecution and defence lawyers yesterday convicted Ram Sanehi, Guddu and Kanoji and sentenced them to undergo rigorous imprisonment for life and also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site