Three suffocate to death in Aligarh

Three persons died and three fell critically ill at a slaughter house in Aligarh due to carbon monooxide generated by an earthen stove (angithi), police said.

Lucknow: Three persons died and three fell critically ill at a slaughter house in Aligarh due to carbon monooxide generated by an earthen stove (angithi), police said.

Due to bitter cold, the workers had lit an 'angithi' in their room before going to sleep.

The incident occurred at the residential quarters of the workers at a slaughter house under the Lodha police station.

Earlier, a gas leak at the meat cooling unit of the plant was suspected to be behind their death, Aligarh police chief J Ravindra Gaur told IANS.

The workers who fell ill are being treated at a city hospital.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close