Three trains looted within 35 minutes
Rampur: Three trains were looted by a gang of at least six robbers within a short span of 35 minutes between Moradabad and Rampur junctions, police said here
According to the police, the three trains – Shaheed Express, Lucknow Mail and Nauchandi Express -- were on tracks between Moonda Pandey and Rampur last night when they were suddenly halted and the passengers looted by the gang.
The reason behind the trains being halted has not yet been ascertained, said the police. It is being investigated whether it was because of signal failure or foul play by the miscreants, they added.
GRP constable Jitender Singh said though the security personnel opened fire at the assailants, no one was injured and they remained active in the robbery.
Additional Director General of Railway Police AK Jain said an inquiry into the incident has begun and those involve in the crime will soon be punished.
This was the second such incident in a month, as earlier the robbers had targeted the Padmavat Express at Dhamora railway station. Police is still investigating the case.
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match