Three trains looted within 35 minutes
Rampur: Three trains were looted by a gang of at least six robbers within a short span of 35 minutes between Moradabad and Rampur junctions, police said here
According to the police, the three trains – Shaheed Express, Lucknow Mail and Nauchandi Express -- were on tracks between Moonda Pandey and Rampur last night when they were suddenly halted and the passengers looted by the gang.
The reason behind the trains being halted has not yet been ascertained, said the police. It is being investigated whether it was because of signal failure or foul play by the miscreants, they added.
GRP constable Jitender Singh said though the security personnel opened fire at the assailants, no one was injured and they remained active in the robbery.
Additional Director General of Railway Police AK Jain said an inquiry into the incident has begun and those involve in the crime will soon be punished.
This was the second such incident in a month, as earlier the robbers had targeted the Padmavat Express at Dhamora railway station. Police is still investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state