Three trains looted within 35 minutes
Rampur: Three trains were looted by a gang of at least six robbers within a short span of 35 minutes between Moradabad and Rampur junctions, police said here
According to the police, the three trains – Shaheed Express, Lucknow Mail and Nauchandi Express -- were on tracks between Moonda Pandey and Rampur last night when they were suddenly halted and the passengers looted by the gang.
The reason behind the trains being halted has not yet been ascertained, said the police. It is being investigated whether it was because of signal failure or foul play by the miscreants, they added.
GRP constable Jitender Singh said though the security personnel opened fire at the assailants, no one was injured and they remained active in the robbery.
Additional Director General of Railway Police AK Jain said an inquiry into the incident has begun and those involve in the crime will soon be punished.
This was the second such incident in a month, as earlier the robbers had targeted the Padmavat Express at Dhamora railway station. Police is still investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?