Three undertrials escape from custody in Badaun
Badaun (UP): Three undertrials, accused in a loot case, escaped from police custody while being taken to a court for hearing.
Sajid, Shakir, Iqbal and Haneef were arrested in connection with a loot case in Wazirganj area in July last and sent to jail, police said.
The accused were taken to court to appear in the case yesterday where Shakir attempted to escape.
While the policemen escorting them tried to foil the attempt, three other accused Sajid, Iqbal and Haneef managed to flee from the spot, they said.
While Iqbal and Haneef were nabbed by police from Shivpuram, Sajid was still at large, they said.
Senior Superintendent of Police Manjil Saini has directed suspension and lodging of a case against policeman Pratap Singh and two homeguards Munendrapal and Barrister Singh, who were on escort duty.
She has also directed suspension of head constable Surendra Singh in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes