Three undertrials escape from custody in Badaun
Badaun (UP): Three undertrials, accused in a loot case, escaped from police custody while being taken to a court for hearing.
Sajid, Shakir, Iqbal and Haneef were arrested in connection with a loot case in Wazirganj area in July last and sent to jail, police said.
The accused were taken to court to appear in the case yesterday where Shakir attempted to escape.
While the policemen escorting them tried to foil the attempt, three other accused Sajid, Iqbal and Haneef managed to flee from the spot, they said.
While Iqbal and Haneef were nabbed by police from Shivpuram, Sajid was still at large, they said.
Senior Superintendent of Police Manjil Saini has directed suspension and lodging of a case against policeman Pratap Singh and two homeguards Munendrapal and Barrister Singh, who were on escort duty.
She has also directed suspension of head constable Surendra Singh in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie