Three youths crushed to death after dispute with bus driver in UP
Bareilly (UP): Three motorcycle-borne youths, including a minor, were crushed to death by a private bus following a dispute with its driver in Bahedi area here, police said on Sunday.
Mohammad Kamran (15), Mohd Muntazim (18) and Dilshad Ahmad (19) travelling on a motorcycle got into an altercation with the driver of the bus after the trio tried to overtake the bus near Sindhaura police outpost last evening, they said.
Initially the matter was resolved by the bus passengers. However, the bus driver, in a fit of rage, later chased and crushed them, police said.
The driver then fled from the spot, leaving the bus at Bahedi police station, they said.
Agitated with the incident, locals blocked road and damaged some vehicles, they said, adding that the road block was lifted after two hours when the senior officers reached the spot and pacified the agitators.
Bodies have been handed over to the family members after post-mortem, incharge district magistrate Anil Kumar Upadhyaya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city