Thunderstorm: Mayawati announces Rs one lakh compensation
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati has announced an ex-gratia of Rupees one lakh to the next of kin of those killed in thunderstorm in Mathura district, an official spokesman said here on Sunday.
"The CM has directed the officers to provide Rupees one lakh each to the dependents of five persons, who died due to lightning in Govardhan and Chhata teshsils in Mathura
yesterday," he said.
The chief minister has also directed officials to provide proper treatment to those injured in such incidents, while conveying her condolences and deep sympathies to the bereaved families.
Five persons were killed and three others injured
after thunderstorm yesterday struck them in the pilgrim town
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray