Thunderstorm: Mayawati announces Rs one lakh compensation
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati has announced an ex-gratia of Rupees one lakh to the next of kin of those killed in thunderstorm in Mathura district, an official spokesman said here on Sunday.
"The CM has directed the officers to provide Rupees one lakh each to the dependents of five persons, who died due to lightning in Govardhan and Chhata teshsils in Mathura
yesterday," he said.
The chief minister has also directed officials to provide proper treatment to those injured in such incidents, while conveying her condolences and deep sympathies to the bereaved families.
Five persons were killed and three others injured
after thunderstorm yesterday struck them in the pilgrim town
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?