Thunderstorm, squall lash eastern UP; standing crop destroyed
Gorakhpur (UP): Thunderstorm and squall
lashed eastern part of Uttar Pradesh damaging standing crops
in the region, the MeT officials said.
Standing crops of wheat, mustard along with the harvest
at threshing grounds were destroyed due to the thundershowers,
an agriculture official said, adding the damage is yet to be
The storm also disrupted traffic on the National Highways
28 and 29 which connects Gorakhpur to Varanasi and Lucknow as
trees were uprooted and electric poles fell on the ground, the
The storm along with the squall began late Sunday evening
and continued till this morning, they said.
The thunderstorm was a result of low pressure situation
About 1.6 mm of rain was received during the period as
per the MeT record, while the speed of the wind was 30 to 50
The MeT office has predicted some more showers along with
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory