Tiger strays into human habitat near Dudhwa, injures girl
Lakhimpur (UP): A 13-year-old girl was
attacked and injured by a tiger which strayed into Sumernagar
area in close vicinity of Dudhwa National Park, forest
officials said here on Tuesday.
Reena was attacked by the tiger last evening when she
had gone to her sugarcane fields. The girl was taken to Pallia
community health centre where her condition was stated to be
out of danger, they said.
A tigress with two cubs is on the prowl in the area for
the past few weeks, the officials said. However, it was not
clear whether the same animal attacked the teenager.
On December 7 last, the tigress had attacked and killed a
9-year-boy named Sablu in Azaadnagar-Ghola in Sathiana range
of Dudhwa national park, barely three km away from Sumernagar.
The primary response teams of Dudhwa Tiger Reserve as
well as other DTR teams have started an exercise to locate the
big cat, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS