Tight security measures for Magh Mela: ADG
Allahabad: Stringent security measures have
been put in place at the on-going Magh Mela though there are
no intelligence inputs of any terrorist threats to the annual
religious congregation, a top police official said on Sunday.
"We are going to exercise abundant caution on January
14-15, when heavy crowds are expected during the main bathing
festivals, `Makar Sankranti` and `Mauni Amavasya`, falling on
two consecutive days," Additional Director General of Police,
(Law and Order), Brijlal told reporters.
He said during the main festive days the entry of people
into the city and other parts of the district will be recorded
with CCTV cameras.
"The UP police was closely guarding areas bordering
Haridwar in the neighbouring state of Uttarakhand," he said.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success