Tight security measures for Magh Mela: ADG
Allahabad: Stringent security measures have
been put in place at the on-going Magh Mela though there are
no intelligence inputs of any terrorist threats to the annual
religious congregation, a top police official said on Sunday.
"We are going to exercise abundant caution on January
14-15, when heavy crowds are expected during the main bathing
festivals, `Makar Sankranti` and `Mauni Amavasya`, falling on
two consecutive days," Additional Director General of Police,
(Law and Order), Brijlal told reporters.
He said during the main festive days the entry of people
into the city and other parts of the district will be recorded
with CCTV cameras.
"The UP police was closely guarding areas bordering
Haridwar in the neighbouring state of Uttarakhand," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you