Tight security measures for Magh Mela: ADG
Allahabad: Stringent security measures have
been put in place at the on-going Magh Mela though there are
no intelligence inputs of any terrorist threats to the annual
religious congregation, a top police official said on Sunday.
"We are going to exercise abundant caution on January
14-15, when heavy crowds are expected during the main bathing
festivals, `Makar Sankranti` and `Mauni Amavasya`, falling on
two consecutive days," Additional Director General of Police,
(Law and Order), Brijlal told reporters.
He said during the main festive days the entry of people
into the city and other parts of the district will be recorded
with CCTV cameras.
"The UP police was closely guarding areas bordering
Haridwar in the neighbouring state of Uttarakhand," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened