Tihar inmates donate Rs10.50 lakh for Uttarakhand victims
Gurgaon: Inmates of Delhi`s Tihar Jail, including INLD general secretary Ajay Singh Chautala and murder convict Manu Sharma, collected over Rs 10.50 lakh from fellow prisoners for the victims of the Uttarakhand tragedy, an INLD spokesperson said here Wednesday.
"The campaign was started by INLD general secretary and legislator from Dabwali in Haryana Ajay Chautala, who is in Tihar Jail. He said that the prisoners wantde to help the Uttrakhand victims. After allowed by the jail administration, prisoners came forward to help the victims," said a party spokesperson.
Ajay Chautala and Manu Sharma, son of Congress legislator from Ambala Vinod Sharma, each donated Rs.1 lakh for the victims, the spokesperson added.
While Ajay Chautala is serving a sentence for his involvement in the teachers` recruitment scam, Sharma has been convicted in the Jessica Lal murder case.
Jail officials also donated their one day`s salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof