Tihar inmates donate Rs10.50 lakh for Uttarakhand victims
Gurgaon: Inmates of Delhi`s Tihar Jail, including INLD general secretary Ajay Singh Chautala and murder convict Manu Sharma, collected over Rs 10.50 lakh from fellow prisoners for the victims of the Uttarakhand tragedy, an INLD spokesperson said here Wednesday.
"The campaign was started by INLD general secretary and legislator from Dabwali in Haryana Ajay Chautala, who is in Tihar Jail. He said that the prisoners wantde to help the Uttrakhand victims. After allowed by the jail administration, prisoners came forward to help the victims," said a party spokesperson.
Ajay Chautala and Manu Sharma, son of Congress legislator from Ambala Vinod Sharma, each donated Rs.1 lakh for the victims, the spokesperson added.
While Ajay Chautala is serving a sentence for his involvement in the teachers` recruitment scam, Sharma has been convicted in the Jessica Lal murder case.
Jail officials also donated their one day`s salary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning