Tihar inmates donate Rs10.50 lakh for Uttarakhand victims
Gurgaon: Inmates of Delhi`s Tihar Jail, including INLD general secretary Ajay Singh Chautala and murder convict Manu Sharma, collected over Rs 10.50 lakh from fellow prisoners for the victims of the Uttarakhand tragedy, an INLD spokesperson said here Wednesday.
"The campaign was started by INLD general secretary and legislator from Dabwali in Haryana Ajay Chautala, who is in Tihar Jail. He said that the prisoners wantde to help the Uttrakhand victims. After allowed by the jail administration, prisoners came forward to help the victims," said a party spokesperson.
Ajay Chautala and Manu Sharma, son of Congress legislator from Ambala Vinod Sharma, each donated Rs.1 lakh for the victims, the spokesperson added.
While Ajay Chautala is serving a sentence for his involvement in the teachers` recruitment scam, Sharma has been convicted in the Jessica Lal murder case.
Jail officials also donated their one day`s salary.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents