Time-bomb found, defused in city of Taj
Agra: A time-bomb was found in a roadside
eatery on the outskirts of Agra, prompting authorities to
sound an alert in the entire Taj city.
The bomb with a battery and circuit attached and kept in
a bag was found under a table by a waiter at around 2200 hrs
yesterday, police said.
Two youngsters had come to eat at around 2130 hrs and
left leaving the bag, said the staff of the eatery located in
Teri Bagh area on Hathras road.
The bomb was taken in a sand-filled tractor trolley to
Kalindi Vihar forest area where it was defused, police said.
A team of the National Security Agency from Delhi had
reached Agra to assist in the investigations.
DIG (Agra) Aseem Arun said the time-bomb was a crude
device similar to the one which exploded in a private nursing
home in Hariparvart area in the city in September.
An alert had been sounded in the city and neighbouring
areas, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?