Time-bomb found, defused in city of Taj
Agra: A time-bomb was found in a roadside
eatery on the outskirts of Agra, prompting authorities to
sound an alert in the entire Taj city.
The bomb with a battery and circuit attached and kept in
a bag was found under a table by a waiter at around 2200 hrs
yesterday, police said.
Two youngsters had come to eat at around 2130 hrs and
left leaving the bag, said the staff of the eatery located in
Teri Bagh area on Hathras road.
The bomb was taken in a sand-filled tractor trolley to
Kalindi Vihar forest area where it was defused, police said.
A team of the National Security Agency from Delhi had
reached Agra to assist in the investigations.
DIG (Agra) Aseem Arun said the time-bomb was a crude
device similar to the one which exploded in a private nursing
home in Hariparvart area in the city in September.
An alert had been sounded in the city and neighbouring
areas, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!