Time for amicable solution to Ayodhya issue: Sushma
Vadodara: BJP leader Sushma Swaraj Tuesday
said time has come for an amicable solution to the Ayodhya
issue in the light of the Allahabad High Court verdict in the
title suits and welcomed the move by the oldest litigant
Mohammad Ansari to resolve the issue through talks.
"Time for an amicable solution has come," she said favouring an out-of-court settlement to the decades-old
She welcomed Ansari`s meeting with Mahant Gyan Das of
Hanumanghari, who is also president of Akhil Bhartiya Akhara
Parishad, to explore the possibility of an amicable solution.
Swaraj also hailed the statement of several Muslim
leaders who criticised SP leader Mulayam Singh Yadav for his
statements on the Ayodhya case.
On the Kashmir issue, she opposed any move to give
autonomy, freedom or self rule in Jammu and Kashmir, saying
efforts should be made towards scrapping Article 370 which
gives special status to the state and initiating steps for
further strengthening of bonds between Jammu and Kashmir and
rest of the country.
"BJP has outrightly rejected all the three demands of
azadi, self rule or autonomy raised by several separatists as
Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India," she said
criticising Home Minister P Chidambaram`s statement on the
Welcoming the Centre`s 8-point initiative on Kashmir,
Swaraj said, "It has created a positive impact."
Opposing the demand for lifting of the Armed Forces
Special Powers Act (AFPSA) from Jammu and Kashmir, she said,
"Legal protection is a must for the troops and CRPF to
efficiently perform their tasks."
"There should be no dilution in the Act," she said.
On the exclusion of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi from the list of star campaigners for the BJP in Bihar
Assembly poll, Swaraj said, "Modi is a very big leader and
continues to be a star campaigner. His omission from the list
for campaigning in Bihar, does not affect his image."
The Allahabad High Court had ruled by a majority
verdict that the disputed land in Ayodhya be divided equally
into three parts among Hindus and Muslims and that the place
where the makeshift temple of Lord Ram exists belongs to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year