Time till March to CBI to complete CMO murder case
Lucknow: The Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High
Court on Friday granted two more months till March to CBI for
completing investigation into murder of two CMOs in the state
capital and the death of a deputy CMO in jail.
A division bench comprising Justice Pradeep Kant and
Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi passed the order on two separate
applications moved by CBI, seeking three months further time
for completing investigation of these cases which were handed
over to it by the High Court for conducting proper probe.
CBI contended that the investigation of these cases is at
crucial and final stage.
Two CMOs, Dr VK Arya and Dr BP Singh were shot dead in
October 2010 and April 2, 2011 respectively, while Deputy CMO
Dr YS Sachan was found dead in the district jail under
mysterious condition on June 22, 2011.
Earlier the investigation was done by the local police but
thereafter the case was handed over to the CBI.
Initially, the court granted three months time to CBI to
complete the investigation of these cases in July. Thereafter
on the request of CBI, the court had granted two more months
which was expiring this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli
- Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders ''seemingly'' agree to a debate
- Taiwan angry over `emotional` female president comments
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's