Time till March to CBI to complete CMO murder case
Lucknow: The Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High
Court on Friday granted two more months till March to CBI for
completing investigation into murder of two CMOs in the state
capital and the death of a deputy CMO in jail.
A division bench comprising Justice Pradeep Kant and
Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi passed the order on two separate
applications moved by CBI, seeking three months further time
for completing investigation of these cases which were handed
over to it by the High Court for conducting proper probe.
CBI contended that the investigation of these cases is at
crucial and final stage.
Two CMOs, Dr VK Arya and Dr BP Singh were shot dead in
October 2010 and April 2, 2011 respectively, while Deputy CMO
Dr YS Sachan was found dead in the district jail under
mysterious condition on June 22, 2011.
Earlier the investigation was done by the local police but
thereafter the case was handed over to the CBI.
Initially, the court granted three months time to CBI to
complete the investigation of these cases in July. Thereafter
on the request of CBI, the court had granted two more months
which was expiring this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack