Time to overthrow SP, UPA: Amit Shah
Lucknow: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary in-charge of Uttar Pradesh Amit Shah said Wednesday the time had come for people to overthrow the corrupt and directionless governments in the state and at the centre.
Addressing a rally in Mathura, Shah said people were fed up of being let down by the promises made by the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the state and the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance at the centre.
"There is no future for the jobless, farmers and the young in the state and in the country," he added while pointing out that under BJP regimes in different states, people were happy and marching ahead on the road to progress.
He also asked party workers to ensure people vote for change. Underlining the significance of Uttar Pradesh, he said the route to Delhi goes through the state.
Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh also attended the rally and said the dreams of late Deendayal Upadhyaya, BJP idealogue, would be fulfilled under the leadership of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read