Time to overthrow SP, UPA: Amit Shah
Lucknow: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary in-charge of Uttar Pradesh Amit Shah said Wednesday the time had come for people to overthrow the corrupt and directionless governments in the state and at the centre.
Addressing a rally in Mathura, Shah said people were fed up of being let down by the promises made by the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the state and the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance at the centre.
"There is no future for the jobless, farmers and the young in the state and in the country," he added while pointing out that under BJP regimes in different states, people were happy and marching ahead on the road to progress.
He also asked party workers to ensure people vote for change. Underlining the significance of Uttar Pradesh, he said the route to Delhi goes through the state.
Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh also attended the rally and said the dreams of late Deendayal Upadhyaya, BJP idealogue, would be fulfilled under the leadership of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad