Time to overthrow SP, UPA: Amit Shah
Lucknow: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary in-charge of Uttar Pradesh Amit Shah said Wednesday the time had come for people to overthrow the corrupt and directionless governments in the state and at the centre.
Addressing a rally in Mathura, Shah said people were fed up of being let down by the promises made by the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the state and the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance at the centre.
"There is no future for the jobless, farmers and the young in the state and in the country," he added while pointing out that under BJP regimes in different states, people were happy and marching ahead on the road to progress.
He also asked party workers to ensure people vote for change. Underlining the significance of Uttar Pradesh, he said the route to Delhi goes through the state.
Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh also attended the rally and said the dreams of late Deendayal Upadhyaya, BJP idealogue, would be fulfilled under the leadership of its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested