Timings of malls, shops in UP revised due to power crisis
Lucknow: In a bid to address power crisis in Uttar Pradesh, the timings of opening and closing of malls, shops and restaurants have been revised by the labour department, an official spokesman said here.
"For the next 15 days all shops and malls in the state, excluding medical stores, will open at 11 am and close at 7 pm," he said.
Similarly, all restaurants would operate between 11 AM and 10 PM, the spokesman said.
He said the decision has been taken by the state government keeping in view problem of power supply during summer season.
The decision would be applicable with immediate effect and stern action would be taken against violators.
The spokesman said the decision would provide relief to the people and the farmers from power crisis to an extent.
The UP Power Corporation Limited has already imposed ban on use of power for decorative lighting and hoardings after 8.30 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender