Timings of malls, shops in UP revised due to power crisis
Lucknow: In a bid to address power crisis in Uttar Pradesh, the timings of opening and closing of malls, shops and restaurants have been revised by the labour department, an official spokesman said here.
"For the next 15 days all shops and malls in the state, excluding medical stores, will open at 11 am and close at 7 pm," he said.
Similarly, all restaurants would operate between 11 AM and 10 PM, the spokesman said.
He said the decision has been taken by the state government keeping in view problem of power supply during summer season.
The decision would be applicable with immediate effect and stern action would be taken against violators.
The spokesman said the decision would provide relief to the people and the farmers from power crisis to an extent.
The UP Power Corporation Limited has already imposed ban on use of power for decorative lighting and hoardings after 8.30 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter