Toll charges increased on Delhi-Agra Highway
Mathura (UP): The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has increased the toll tax on Delhi-Agra national highway ranging from 40 to 60 per cent.
The increased charges became effective from last night, sources quoting an NHAI notification said.
The notification said that from October 16, light vehicles will be charged Rs 80 against the earlier Rs 50 for a round trip, while the commercial vehicles will be charged Rs 125 from existing Rs 90.
Similarly, heavy vehicles like trucks will now have to pay Rs 265 against the earlier rate of Rs 190, it said, adding that vehicles with three to six axles have to pay Rs 415. The heavier vehicles will have to pay Rs 505.
Meanwhile, the increase led to a long traffic jam at the toll booth in Mahuan village near here as the commuters, unaware of the hike, were found arguing with the toll staff over the matter.
The jam reportedly continued till the early hours of today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living