Tourist molestation:Agra hotel`s licence suspended
New Delhi: Taking serious note of the attempt to molest a foreign tourist in Agra, Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi Tuesday ordered suspension of the three-star rating of Hotel Agra Mahal, where the incident took place.
The Tourism Ministry also issued a show cause notice to the hotel asking it why its licence should not be cancelled.
Expressing concern over the incident involving a British woman, Chiranjeevi took up the matter with Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and sought a proper system to ensure safety of tourists in the country.
Close on the heels of the gangrape of a Swiss tourist in Madhya Pradesh, the 25-year-old British tourist jumped off her hotel room in Agra to save herself from the alleged sexual assault bid and suffered a leg fracture.
While speaking to Shinde, he requested for putting in place a proper system to ensure the safety and security of all tourists especially women and children across the country.
Fearing an adverse impact on the tourist flow into the country due to such incidents, Chiranjeevi started an exercise of contacting all chief ministers urging them to institute an adequate mechanism for safety of tourists in their respective states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31