Tourist molestation:Agra hotel`s licence suspended
New Delhi: Taking serious note of the attempt to molest a foreign tourist in Agra, Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi Tuesday ordered suspension of the three-star rating of Hotel Agra Mahal, where the incident took place.
The Tourism Ministry also issued a show cause notice to the hotel asking it why its licence should not be cancelled.
Expressing concern over the incident involving a British woman, Chiranjeevi took up the matter with Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and sought a proper system to ensure safety of tourists in the country.
Close on the heels of the gangrape of a Swiss tourist in Madhya Pradesh, the 25-year-old British tourist jumped off her hotel room in Agra to save herself from the alleged sexual assault bid and suffered a leg fracture.
While speaking to Shinde, he requested for putting in place a proper system to ensure the safety and security of all tourists especially women and children across the country.
Fearing an adverse impact on the tourist flow into the country due to such incidents, Chiranjeevi started an exercise of contacting all chief ministers urging them to institute an adequate mechanism for safety of tourists in their respective states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what