Tourist molestation:Agra hotel`s licence suspended
New Delhi: Taking serious note of the attempt to molest a foreign tourist in Agra, Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi Tuesday ordered suspension of the three-star rating of Hotel Agra Mahal, where the incident took place.
The Tourism Ministry also issued a show cause notice to the hotel asking it why its licence should not be cancelled.
Expressing concern over the incident involving a British woman, Chiranjeevi took up the matter with Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and sought a proper system to ensure safety of tourists in the country.
Close on the heels of the gangrape of a Swiss tourist in Madhya Pradesh, the 25-year-old British tourist jumped off her hotel room in Agra to save herself from the alleged sexual assault bid and suffered a leg fracture.
While speaking to Shinde, he requested for putting in place a proper system to ensure the safety and security of all tourists especially women and children across the country.
Fearing an adverse impact on the tourist flow into the country due to such incidents, Chiranjeevi started an exercise of contacting all chief ministers urging them to institute an adequate mechanism for safety of tourists in their respective states.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?