Touts operating in passport office under surveillance: Police
Lucknow: Anti Terrorist Squad of Uttar
Pradesh police has put some touts active in the Passport
office here under surveillance and expects some positive
results in the ongoing enquiries into the fake passport
racket, which helped suspected ISI agent Amir Ali get a
passport from here.
ADG Law and Order, AK Jain here said Thursday besides
the touts, who were put under surveillance, efforts are also
on to match the hand writings of the government staff with the
documents relating to the fake passports, so as to confirm
Strict directives have been issued to the respective
districts police chiefs and passport office to ensure the
authorisation of the LIU staffers, who are bringing and taking
documents from the Passport office, so as to work out a
foolproof system, Jain said warning of stern action in case
of any discrepancy.
The investigation of the case registered against four
persons, whose names and addresses were found fake has been
given to Inspector OP Tripathi, Jain added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?