Traffic policeman crushed to death in UP
Kanpur: A traffic policeman was allegedly crushed to death by a speeding loader at Chakeri town here, police said Wednesday.
36-year-old Ashok Yadav, a resident of Etawah was hit by a loader while the officer was crossing the street after his duty at the intersection of Chakeri yesterday, they said.
The victim was severely injured and was rushed to hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, police said adding that the accused driver fled from the spot.
The loader has been confiscated and efforts are on to nab the driver, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’