Traffic policeman crushed to death in UP
Kanpur: A traffic policeman was allegedly crushed to death by a speeding loader at Chakeri town here, police said Wednesday.
36-year-old Ashok Yadav, a resident of Etawah was hit by a loader while the officer was crossing the street after his duty at the intersection of Chakeri yesterday, they said.
The victim was severely injured and was rushed to hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, police said adding that the accused driver fled from the spot.
The loader has been confiscated and efforts are on to nab the driver, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma