Train derails in Mathura; 1 killed, six injured
Mathura: One person was killed while six others were injured on Friday when two coaches of a Mathura bound train derailed here between Maura and Goverdhan stations.
The last two coaches of Alwar Mathura Passenger train derailed and were dragged for about one km before the train came to a halt, according to Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Agra.
30-year-old Bhura, a native of Kotwai area here, died while six others were injured in the accident.
Senior civil and railway officials have reached the spot and efforts to put the coaches back on the track were on when the last report came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list