Train derails in Mathura; 1 killed, six injured
Mathura: One person was killed while six others were injured Wednesday when two coaches of a Mathura bound train derailed here between Maura and Goverdhan stations.
The last two coaches of Alwar Mathura Passenger train derailed and were dragged for about one km before the train came to a halt, according to Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Agra.
30-year-old Bhura, a native of Kotwai area here, died while six others were injured in the accident.
Senior civil and railway officials have reached the spot and efforts to put the coaches back on the track were on when the last report came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach