Train derails in UP, 12 injured
Budaun: At least 12 people were injured when the engine and a bogie of the Kasganj-Lucknow Rohilkhand Express derailed near Kasganj railway station early Friday.
The train derailed at 5:30 am while passing through a culvert near Kasganj in Kanshi Ram Nagar district.
While the engine fell into flood waters in the area, the bogie of the train was hanging from the culvert, DRM, North Eastern Railway, Bareilly, KB Nanda said.
Twelve people, including the driver of the train, have been injured in the mishap.
The assistant driver of the train is missing after the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"