Train derails in UP, 12 injured
Budaun: At least 12 people were injured when the engine and a bogie of the Kasganj-Lucknow Rohilkhand Express derailed near Kasganj railway station early Friday.
The train derailed at 5:30 am while passing through a culvert near Kasganj in Kanshi Ram Nagar district.
While the engine fell into flood waters in the area, the bogie of the train was hanging from the culvert, DRM, North Eastern Railway, Bareilly, KB Nanda said.
Twelve people, including the driver of the train, have been injured in the mishap.
The assistant driver of the train is missing after the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah