Train derails in UP, 12 injured
Budaun: At least 12 people were injured when the engine and a bogie of the Kasganj-Lucknow Rohilkhand Express derailed near Kasganj railway station early Friday.
The train derailed at 5:30 am while passing through a culvert near Kasganj in Kanshi Ram Nagar district.
While the engine fell into flood waters in the area, the bogie of the train was hanging from the culvert, DRM, North Eastern Railway, Bareilly, KB Nanda said.
Twelve people, including the driver of the train, have been injured in the mishap.
The assistant driver of the train is missing after the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur