Train rams into autorickshaw at railway crossing
Ghaziabad: A Varanasi bound train rammed
into an autorickshaw when the driver was trying to cross the
railway track in Kallugari near here, railway sources said.
Delhi-Varanasi bound Kashi Vishwanath train hit the auto
rickshaw yesterday afternoon, 20 kms from here, they said.
The boom gate was left unattended allegedly due to the
negligence of cable man Narender Kumar, who did not bring it
down to signal the oncoming train, after which the driver
crossed, they added.
While the vehicle was ripped to pieces due to the impact,
the passengers of the loaded autorickshaw escaped in time and
no one was injured in the incident.
The train moved towards Hapur railway station on the
Delhi-Moradabad track without delay after the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Retiring Tillakaratne Dilshan speaks on lack of support from teammates during his captaincy stint
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni