Train tragedy averted in UP
Firozabad: A major tragedy was on Wednesday averted due to alertness of the locals when they stopped a Rajdhani Express after detecting damage to the railway track on Firozabad-Tundla route, a senior official said.
Acting station superintendent R K Pathak told reporters here that due to heavy downpour, the railway track caved in, resulting in water-logging near Alampur Jarkhi this morning.
He said that one of the local resident Ramlal spotted the damage after which he along with others stopped the train by waving red cloth.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to repair the damaged track by the railway officials, Pathak added.
- WATCH: Dance moves of Pakistani cricketers Umar, Kamran Akmal
- Rising Pune Supergiants' Mitchell Marsh ruled out of IPL with side strain
- China's manufacturing activity expands at slower pace
- 'Impose stock limit on importers to curb pulses prices'
- India, China armies vow to enhance cordial relations, maintain peace along LAC at border meet