Train tragedy averted in UP
Firozabad: A major tragedy was on Wednesday averted due to alertness of the locals when they stopped a Rajdhani Express after detecting damage to the railway track on Firozabad-Tundla route, a senior official said.
Acting station superintendent R K Pathak told reporters here that due to heavy downpour, the railway track caved in, resulting in water-logging near Alampur Jarkhi this morning.
He said that one of the local resident Ramlal spotted the damage after which he along with others stopped the train by waving red cloth.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to repair the damaged track by the railway officials, Pathak added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Member of J&K Constituent Assembly Peerzada Ghulam Jeelani passes away
- One of the suspects arrested in the Maidservant rape case in Thane
- Haryana RS elections: Experts question delay in raising objection to Election Commission
- WATCH: This is how Iceland celebrated victory over England with their fans. Goosebumps!
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture