Train tragedy averted in UP
Firozabad: A major tragedy was on Wednesday averted due to alertness of the locals when they stopped a Rajdhani Express after detecting damage to the railway track on Firozabad-Tundla route, a senior official said.
Acting station superintendent R K Pathak told reporters here that due to heavy downpour, the railway track caved in, resulting in water-logging near Alampur Jarkhi this morning.
He said that one of the local resident Ramlal spotted the damage after which he along with others stopped the train by waving red cloth.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to repair the damaged track by the railway officials, Pathak added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest