Trainee nurses molested by doctor in operation theatre
Lucknow: A case has been registered against a government doctor in Barabanki in Uttar Pradesh after three trainee nurses complained that he molested them in an operation theatre, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place at Barabanki district hospital, where 22 students of a private nursing college were undergoing training. The three students were deputed to assist PR Agnihotri at the operation theatre.
The trainee nurses have said in their complaint that the doctor tried to draw them in an obscene conversation, but they resisted. As they were trying to leave the operation theatre, the doctor molested them.
The students informed their families about the incident and a complaint was filed with the chief medical superintendent (CMS) of the hospital. Confirming the receipt of the complaint, CMS Sarvesh Saxena told a news agency that a probe has been ordered.
The doctor has been charged with Section 294 (obscene acts and songs), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) in a first information report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum