Trainee nurses molested by doctor in operation theatre
Lucknow: A case has been registered against a government doctor in Barabanki in Uttar Pradesh after three trainee nurses complained that he molested them in an operation theatre, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place at Barabanki district hospital, where 22 students of a private nursing college were undergoing training. The three students were deputed to assist PR Agnihotri at the operation theatre.
The trainee nurses have said in their complaint that the doctor tried to draw them in an obscene conversation, but they resisted. As they were trying to leave the operation theatre, the doctor molested them.
The students informed their families about the incident and a complaint was filed with the chief medical superintendent (CMS) of the hospital. Confirming the receipt of the complaint, CMS Sarvesh Saxena told a news agency that a probe has been ordered.
The doctor has been charged with Section 294 (obscene acts and songs), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) in a first information report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference