Transfer PWD engineer murder case to Kanpur: Allahabad HC
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court has
transferred to a court in Kanpur the murder case of PWD
executive engineer Manoj Gupta and advised it to dispose of
the case in six months.
The double bench comprising Justices Rajeev Sharma and
SNH Zaidi passed the orders yesterday on an application
seeking transfer of the case on grounds of a speedy trial.
The court ordered that the case files be handed over
to the Special Gangster Court at Kanpur within a week.
The case has been transferred to Kanpur on grounds
that it was a case of Gangster`s Act and since a Gangster
Court was in Kanpur, the trial should be conducted there for
the convenience of all the parties concerned.
Manoj Gupta, an executive engineer of PWD at Auraiya
was tortured to death, allegedly by BSP MLA Shekhar Tewari on
December 24, 2008.
After the incident was reported by the media, the MLA
was arrested along with his aides and sent to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?