Transfer PWD engineer murder case to Kanpur: Allahabad HC
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court has
transferred to a court in Kanpur the murder case of PWD
executive engineer Manoj Gupta and advised it to dispose of
the case in six months.
The double bench comprising Justices Rajeev Sharma and
SNH Zaidi passed the orders yesterday on an application
seeking transfer of the case on grounds of a speedy trial.
The court ordered that the case files be handed over
to the Special Gangster Court at Kanpur within a week.
The case has been transferred to Kanpur on grounds
that it was a case of Gangster`s Act and since a Gangster
Court was in Kanpur, the trial should be conducted there for
the convenience of all the parties concerned.
Manoj Gupta, an executive engineer of PWD at Auraiya
was tortured to death, allegedly by BSP MLA Shekhar Tewari on
December 24, 2008.
After the incident was reported by the media, the MLA
was arrested along with his aides and sent to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video