Transfer PWD engineer murder case to Kanpur: Allahabad HC
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court has
transferred to a court in Kanpur the murder case of PWD
executive engineer Manoj Gupta and advised it to dispose of
the case in six months.
The double bench comprising Justices Rajeev Sharma and
SNH Zaidi passed the orders yesterday on an application
seeking transfer of the case on grounds of a speedy trial.
The court ordered that the case files be handed over
to the Special Gangster Court at Kanpur within a week.
The case has been transferred to Kanpur on grounds
that it was a case of Gangster`s Act and since a Gangster
Court was in Kanpur, the trial should be conducted there for
the convenience of all the parties concerned.
Manoj Gupta, an executive engineer of PWD at Auraiya
was tortured to death, allegedly by BSP MLA Shekhar Tewari on
December 24, 2008.
After the incident was reported by the media, the MLA
was arrested along with his aides and sent to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31