Transfer PWD engineer murder case to Kanpur: Allahabad HC
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court has
transferred to a court in Kanpur the murder case of PWD
executive engineer Manoj Gupta and advised it to dispose of
the case in six months.
The double bench comprising Justices Rajeev Sharma and
SNH Zaidi passed the orders yesterday on an application
seeking transfer of the case on grounds of a speedy trial.
The court ordered that the case files be handed over
to the Special Gangster Court at Kanpur within a week.
The case has been transferred to Kanpur on grounds
that it was a case of Gangster`s Act and since a Gangster
Court was in Kanpur, the trial should be conducted there for
the convenience of all the parties concerned.
Manoj Gupta, an executive engineer of PWD at Auraiya
was tortured to death, allegedly by BSP MLA Shekhar Tewari on
December 24, 2008.
After the incident was reported by the media, the MLA
was arrested along with his aides and sent to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!