Trapped tiger cub rescued in UP
Lakhimpur Kheri: A one-year-old tiger cub, which was ensnared in an iron-trap set up by poachers, was rescued in Mailani range forests.
The cub was trapped in a `kudka` (an iron clamp) put up by poachers, divisional forest officer, south Kheri, Neeraj Kumar said.
"The trapped cub was rescued last night after tranquilisation. No physical injury, deep cuts were detected on its body," Kumar said.
The female cub has been kept under medical watch. Forest officials will later decide on details of the plan regarding its release into the wild.
An alert has been sounded to identify and nab the poachers who set up the trap, he said.
Forest officials came to know of the poaching activity when the trapped cub roared in pain. Local field staff immediately intimated the DFO, who rushed expert staff to rescue the cub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you