Trapped tiger cub rescued in UP
Lakhimpur Kheri: A one-year-old tiger cub, which was ensnared in an iron-trap set up by poachers, was rescued in Mailani range forests.
The cub was trapped in a `kudka` (an iron clamp) put up by poachers, divisional forest officer, south Kheri, Neeraj Kumar said.
"The trapped cub was rescued last night after tranquilisation. No physical injury, deep cuts were detected on its body," Kumar said.
The female cub has been kept under medical watch. Forest officials will later decide on details of the plan regarding its release into the wild.
An alert has been sounded to identify and nab the poachers who set up the trap, he said.
Forest officials came to know of the poaching activity when the trapped cub roared in pain. Local field staff immediately intimated the DFO, who rushed expert staff to rescue the cub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It happens only in the USA! This circus couple's wedding will make your jaw drop – WATCH Video
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows
- FM Jaitley hits back at Rahul Gandhi, says price rise was at its peak during UPA regime
- Gradual decline in enthusiasm for Facebook, Twitter: Study
- Heath Ledger responsible for his own death: Father