Tree planted in memory of Aarushi-Hemraj
Noida: An NGO, in joint collaboration of Students of the Government PG College, on Tuesday planted a tree of `Neem` in memory of murdered teenaged girl Aarushi and her domestic help Hemraj at Sector 25 L block.
Aarushi was found murdered in her bedroom at Jalyayu Vihar L block house on May 16, 2008. Next day, Hemraj’s body was recovered from the terrace of the house.
Aarushi’s dentist-parents Rajesh Talwar and Nupur are facing trial on double murder charge.
Students and NGO Nirman representatives assembled at L block and paid homage to Aarushi and Hemraj by observing a minute`s silence for a few minutes.
Nirman representative RK Gupta said "we planted the tree for keeping alive the memory of Aarushi Hemraj.
Students pasted posters in English and Hindi for giving tips to avoid such crimes like Aarushi murder and Nithari killings.
A message was given through display cards that "VISWAS KARO PAR ANDHA NAHIN" (Have faith but not blind faith).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security