Tree planted in memory of Aarushi-Hemraj
Noida: An NGO, in joint collaboration of Students of the Government PG College, on Tuesday planted a tree of `Neem` in memory of murdered teenaged girl Aarushi and her domestic help Hemraj at Sector 25 L block.
Aarushi was found murdered in her bedroom at Jalyayu Vihar L block house on May 16, 2008. Next day, Hemraj’s body was recovered from the terrace of the house.
Aarushi’s dentist-parents Rajesh Talwar and Nupur are facing trial on double murder charge.
Students and NGO Nirman representatives assembled at L block and paid homage to Aarushi and Hemraj by observing a minute`s silence for a few minutes.
Nirman representative RK Gupta said "we planted the tree for keeping alive the memory of Aarushi Hemraj.
Students pasted posters in English and Hindi for giving tips to avoid such crimes like Aarushi murder and Nithari killings.
A message was given through display cards that "VISWAS KARO PAR ANDHA NAHIN" (Have faith but not blind faith).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video