Tree planted in memory of Aarushi-Hemraj
Noida: An NGO, in joint collaboration of Students of the Government PG College, on Tuesday planted a tree of `Neem` in memory of murdered teenaged girl Aarushi and her domestic help Hemraj at Sector 25 L block.
Aarushi was found murdered in her bedroom at Jalyayu Vihar L block house on May 16, 2008. Next day, Hemraj’s body was recovered from the terrace of the house.
Aarushi’s dentist-parents Rajesh Talwar and Nupur are facing trial on double murder charge.
Students and NGO Nirman representatives assembled at L block and paid homage to Aarushi and Hemraj by observing a minute`s silence for a few minutes.
Nirman representative RK Gupta said "we planted the tree for keeping alive the memory of Aarushi Hemraj.
Students pasted posters in English and Hindi for giving tips to avoid such crimes like Aarushi murder and Nithari killings.
A message was given through display cards that "VISWAS KARO PAR ANDHA NAHIN" (Have faith but not blind faith).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH