Tree planted in memory of Aarushi-Hemraj
Noida: An NGO, in joint collaboration of Students of the Government PG College, on Tuesday planted a tree of `Neem` in memory of murdered teenaged girl Aarushi and her domestic help Hemraj at Sector 25 L block.
Aarushi was found murdered in her bedroom at Jalyayu Vihar L block house on May 16, 2008. Next day, Hemraj’s body was recovered from the terrace of the house.
Aarushi’s dentist-parents Rajesh Talwar and Nupur are facing trial on double murder charge.
Students and NGO Nirman representatives assembled at L block and paid homage to Aarushi and Hemraj by observing a minute`s silence for a few minutes.
Nirman representative RK Gupta said "we planted the tree for keeping alive the memory of Aarushi Hemraj.
Students pasted posters in English and Hindi for giving tips to avoid such crimes like Aarushi murder and Nithari killings.
A message was given through display cards that "VISWAS KARO PAR ANDHA NAHIN" (Have faith but not blind faith).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand