Trial in Aarushi-Hemraj case adjourned till July 10
Ghaziabad: The trial in the murder of Aarushi Talwar and domestic aide Hemraj was on Tuesday adjourned till July 10 due to strike of lawyers in the district.
As the trial started, Special CBI Judge S Lal informed the defence and the prosecution about the strike and fixed the next date for further proceedings.
Some of the advocates are contesting local body polls in the district and are busy campaigning, sources said.
Aarushi was murdered in Noida on May 16, 2008. The body of servant Hemraj was also found on the terrace of Talwar`s home on the next day.
Aarushi`s parents, Nupur and Rajesh Talwar, have been charged with murder and destruction of evidence. Apart from this Rajesh has been charged with misleading the probe.
On June 29, a head constable of Uttar Pradesh Police had failed to match photographs and negatives of the crime scene during the trial.
On the next hearing yesterday, the defence counsel has sought the unmatched photographs and extra negatives from the Central Bureau of Investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday