Tribals with bows, arrows at Rahul rally, questioned
Mirzapur (UP): Suspecting them to be Naxals,
Uttar Pradesh police on Tuesday questioned some tribals carrying
bows and arrows at the venue of a rally addressed by Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi at Ahraura, some 60km from here.
The tribals entered the rally ground, raising suspicion
that they might be Naxalites as Mirzapur is a Maoist-hit area,
police sources said here.
However, it was found that the tribals came to present
bows and arrows to the Congress leader, who was to address his
first rally in the district, and were called on the dais to
give them to Rahul as memento.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat