Tribals with bows, arrows at Rahul rally, questioned
Mirzapur (UP): Suspecting them to be Naxals,
Uttar Pradesh police on Tuesday questioned some tribals carrying
bows and arrows at the venue of a rally addressed by Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi at Ahraura, some 60km from here.
The tribals entered the rally ground, raising suspicion
that they might be Naxalites as Mirzapur is a Maoist-hit area,
police sources said here.
However, it was found that the tribals came to present
bows and arrows to the Congress leader, who was to address his
first rally in the district, and were called on the dais to
give them to Rahul as memento.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra