Tribals with bows, arrows at Rahul rally, questioned
Mirzapur (UP): Suspecting them to be Naxals,
Uttar Pradesh police on Tuesday questioned some tribals carrying
bows and arrows at the venue of a rally addressed by Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi at Ahraura, some 60km from here.
The tribals entered the rally ground, raising suspicion
that they might be Naxalites as Mirzapur is a Maoist-hit area,
police sources said here.
However, it was found that the tribals came to present
bows and arrows to the Congress leader, who was to address his
first rally in the district, and were called on the dais to
give them to Rahul as memento.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!