Tribals with bows, arrows at Rahul rally, questioned
Mirzapur (UP): Suspecting them to be Naxals,
Uttar Pradesh police on Tuesday questioned some tribals carrying
bows and arrows at the venue of a rally addressed by Congress
leader Rahul Gandhi at Ahraura, some 60km from here.
The tribals entered the rally ground, raising suspicion
that they might be Naxalites as Mirzapur is a Maoist-hit area,
police sources said here.
However, it was found that the tribals came to present
bows and arrows to the Congress leader, who was to address his
first rally in the district, and were called on the dais to
give them to Rahul as memento.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi