Trio arrested with fake currency in Lucknow
New Delhi: Three persons, including two women, have been arrested allegedly with fake currency notes having face value of Rs 8.50 lakh in Lucknow Wednesday, CBI said.
The women, identified as Gulshan Jahan and Imran, and their escort Mohammad Rashid coming from Malda in West Bengal were nabbed at the Lucknow railway station with the consignment.
Of the three arrested, two are residents of Rampur and one hails from Moradabad district in Uttar Pradesh. The seized fake notes are in the denomination of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500.
The fake notes are believed to have been smuggled from Bangladesh and being sent to western Uttar Pradesh, CBI sources said.
This is the fourth major such arrest by the CBI`s Economic Offences Wing this year, they said, adding that the agency has till now seized FICN with face value of over Rs 29 lakh.
A case has been registered against the trio under Sections 489 B (using as genuine, forged or counterfeit currency) and 489 C (possessing counterfeit currency) of IPC, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know