Trying to address housing problem: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said his government is trying to address the housing problem faced by people belonging to economically weaker section, and sought co-operation from private builders.
"One of the goals in the life of people is to have their own houses," he said. "Achieving this goal is a challenge, specially for those who come to towns for livelihood and belong to economically weaker sections, and the state government is trying to address this problem," he said.
Claiming that the state government had introduced schemes to provide houses to the poor in rural and urban areas, the Chief Minister said private builders should also help solve this problem.
The government has started `Aasra` scheme in urban areas and Lohia Gramin Avas Yojna in rural areas. "The state government is making serious efforts to take the state on the path of prosperity and works are being done at fast pace in all the areas to achieve the goal," the Chief Minister said at a programme to allot houses to low-income group beneficiaries here today.
Maintaining that the state capital was fast developing, the Chief Minister said, "It is the biggest city between Delhi and Kolkata and keeping this in mind the state government is working for its planned development."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof