Twelve arrested for poll violence in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Police have arrested 12
persons, including kin of a BSP MP, for allegedly beating up a Presiding Officer and snatching ballot papers from him
following a clash at a polling centre at Jahanpur village in
the district, police said Friday.
One person died yesterday and several others were injured
during the violence that marred the second phase of panchayat election in the district, after which a case was registered against 25 persons, they added.
Among those arrested is Arshad who is brother-in-law
of BSP Member of Parliament Tabusum Begum, he added.
The Deputy Superintendent of Police SK Shukla said here
today that these people were protesting the killing of a
worker in firing between two rival groups yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today