Twelve arrested for poll violence in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Police have arrested 12
persons, including kin of a BSP MP, for allegedly beating up a Presiding Officer and snatching ballot papers from him
following a clash at a polling centre at Jahanpur village in
the district, police said Friday.
One person died yesterday and several others were injured
during the violence that marred the second phase of panchayat election in the district, after which a case was registered against 25 persons, they added.
Among those arrested is Arshad who is brother-in-law
of BSP Member of Parliament Tabusum Begum, he added.
The Deputy Superintendent of Police SK Shukla said here
today that these people were protesting the killing of a
worker in firing between two rival groups yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2016: Private schools outshine govt schools in Delhi
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!