Twenty drowned in UP
Lucknow: Twenty people drowned in separate incidents in Kanpur, Siddharth Nagar, Kaushambi and Azamgarh districts, police said on Thursday.
While two brothers - Mohammad Shahid (8) and Mohammad Sohail (7) - today drowned in a pond in Jiyanpur area of Azamgarh, seven persons drowned in Yamuna river in Kaushambi when their boat capsized due to bad weather.
Eight persons drowned in Ganga river in Kanpur yesterday while taking bath, they said.
In Siddharth Nagar, three youths died while taking bath in a pond in Agya village in Dumariyaganj area yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!